Happy Wedding Wednesday, everyone!
This week on Wedding, Wednesday, we wanted to offer several ways to stretch your money as far as you can. These ideas are great for any couple, no matter your budget; because who doesn’t want to save money?
- Uplighting– This morning on our Facebook page, we shared uplighting ideas. In case you aren’t familiar, uplighting is the use of different colored spotlights (or other lighting equipment) to add color to a space and highlight specific areas. Uplighting is also one of the least expensive ways to completely transform a room. If you have a big space to fill, it can get expensive to buy all of the draping or other decor needed to make the room look complete. By utilizing white as a base color for linens and chair covers along with candles, mirrors, and or crystals, you can use uplighting to make to make the space look any way you want. The best part is most DJ’s offer upgraded packages or add-ons to their packages to include uplighting. Often times these packages range between $199 and $299, whereas more decor to fill the space could cost more than double or even triple. Here are some great pictures of uplighting transforming a room:
Photo From: Superlative Events
Photo From: Seward Park Tech
- Reusing florals– Flowers can be extremely expensive, especially when you want specific flowers or have a large space to fill. One of our secrets is to work with florists to create floral arrangements for the ceremony that also can be used in the reception space. We recently had a couple who had mason jars filled with flowers hanging from shepherd hooks down the aisle. The flowers and mason jars were then used as centerpieces on the tables along with candles. The same couple also had a floral spray as part of their altar decor that they placed on the escort card table. The couple saved almost $2,000.00 by choosing multi-purpose arrangements!
- Beauty School Hair and Makeup– There are beauty schools across the country and many are looking to give their students additional experience. Right here in Chester County, we have several schools that offer one day a week where you can come in and get your hair cut, colored, and styled for pennies on the dollar. I know it may sound a little scary, but they have expert hairstylists working with them on every move, so you know someone who has truly mastered the art of hair is making sure you leave there looking nothing less than perfect. For your wedding, you can contact the schools to set-up hair and makeup trials and day-of services. For a professional stand-alone company, you might pay over $300.00 for your hair and makeup, whereas going through the school will save you around $200.00.
Photo From: True Photography
- Friday or Sunday Dates– If you are open to getting married on a Friday or Sunday, many venues offer packages that cost as much at 30% less!! Not only will you save money on the venue, but many other vendors (DJ’s, Caterers, Photographers, etc) offer discounts for days other than Saturdays as well. While there are some important factors to keep in mind, such as out-of-town guest travel, having a Friday or Sunday wedding may allow you to book your dream venue and stay within or under your budget!
What other ideas do you have to help save money? Contact us today for more great money saving ideas!
- Tips for Looking Great at Your Wedding on a Budget (themomreviews.com)
- Budget weddings: S.A. planners tell you where to skimp, where to spend (kens5.com)
- Budget or Bust? Planning Your Wedding Budget! (shawntetrottie.wordpress.com)
- Brides Want to Know: Do I Really Need Lighting? (eepevents.wordpress.com)